Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sick Days

As I mentioned, I took two days off work this week.  I went back today and made it through the day, but was feeling pretty lousy by the end of the day.  Came home and fell asleep for an hour, curled up in the big chair with my husband.  We were both so sound asleep that when we woke up, he was worried I was late for work.  Took awhile to sink in that I'd already been. 

I keep thinking--now this is a luxury I won't have for long.  To just shut down and stay quiet when I'm sick, to just focus on my own needs.  And I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate myself for this later, but even that thought makes me kind of excited.  Everything I do right now has the same sense of "Is this the last time without kids?"  Some of it is a little daunting, like being sick while parenting.  Some is the watercolor daydream stuff, like realizing at Easter that next year we can hide eggs.  But all of it feels exciting. 

Please don't make me re-read this in a couple of months years when I'm complaining about never having any time to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment