Friday, October 11, 2013

"Self Control." Use air quotes to get the full effect of my sarcasm.

I've developed a Pinterest addiction.  This is not a joke.  Nor does it imply that I'm doing a lot of baking and crafting,  Instead, I spend hours scrolling through the "humor" section, clinking on links, and viewing  things like a list of Joey and Chandler's 25 best friendship moments (despite the fact that I did not own a TV during Friends' entire run) or 96 amazing animal photos.  During these hours I am neither grading papers, planning classes, talking to my family, nor getting to bed on time.  I finally downloaded a program that lets me block webpages from myself.  Yesterday I had Pinterest and Facebook blocked until 11:00 at night.  Then I stayed up until 2:00 getting my fix anyway.

I am 44 years old.  I am a responsible adult.  I have to download a program, sarcastically called "Self Control," in order to get myself out of the labyrinth of Pinterest time wasting.  I'm pretty sure this is not a good sign.  So,  Zoloft.  You're doing awesome on the "Less Rage" thing.  But I need you to back off on the "Zoning out Takes Precedence over Life" thing. 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I didn't know what you mean, but I totally know what you mean. Which is why I'm catching up on blogs when I promised myself a long bath.

    ReplyDelete