Sunday, May 11, 2014

Just Clean Something

So I read this brilliant woman's blog last night.  And I decided that I, too, need to challenge myself to clean something each day for a month.  I know myself well enough to know that if I wait for June 1, I'll forget all about it, so I started last night.  Each day for a month, I will clean something.  Anything.  Just...clean something.  (You gotta love a project that names itself so clearly.)

Here are my rules:  washing dishes, doing laundry, and taking out the trash don't count.  If the kids have a job and I take over get suckered into helping facilitate, that doesn't count.  If I get on a roll (hey, it's happened) and clean MORE THAN ONE THING in one day, I don't get to give myself credit towards future days.  Organizing counts, but decorating doesn't. 

Last night I cleaned out the equivalent of the kitchen junk drawer that's in the hutch.  Tossed a few items, found a few things to donate, and amazed my kids with a box of slides.  "Wow, these are so cool!"  Also discovered that I have more blank cards, return address labels, and stamps than I knew.  So that's handy. 

It occurs to me that in the past couple of weeks, I've written a post based on #BanBusy, finished a sentence for #FTSF, and now here I am trying to #JustCleanSomething.  What's up with that?  Part of it is that having a topic, a writing assignment in a way, is helping me to focus on my writing.  Or--I just read Seth Godin's Tribes--maybe I'm looking for a Tribe. 

Okay, it's Mother's Day, and my kids seem to want my attention.  Off I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment