Sunday, July 8, 2012

Too much?

We've been keeping the kids busy the past several days.  Yesterday we went from the eye clinic to the air/space museum to the park to dinner to playing with the newly discovered neighborhood kids. Today we went from bike rides to watching the new neighbor friend's dance recital to a picnic to the amusement park to dinner to more bike rides and more neighborhood kid playing.  We have had no unwarranted peeing, mooning, throwing, or raging in that time.  Yet I feel uncomfortable with the pace.  Everything I read says, "Slow down, less stimulus, more quiet family time."  When we slow down, the kids get bored, and when they get bored, all hell breaks loose.  So are we just postponing the inevitable by keeping them constantly entertained?

I'm adding this to my running mental list of things to discuss with our adoption therapist next week.  The only problem is, my brain is so overwhelmed right now, "mental list" might as well read "burn pile."  Whatever.  I'm sure we'll have plenty to discuss with her regardless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment