Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Parenting fail?

Completely appropriate dot-to-dot


Linden and I were at a bakery today while Oak was at therapy.  She asked me to make her a dot-to-dot.  I am artistically challenged.  I looked around the place for inspiration, and saw their vases, which were wine bottles painted black.

I dotted.  She drew.  Then she added in the cork and a label,  including her dad's name.  I'm not the only one who thinks of him as The Winemaker.  She wrote "Win" and asked, "Is that how you spell wine?"  I almost said, "In a sense, yes," but I went with the straight answer and had her add an e.

A few minutes later, as we sat in the bakery with this displayed between us, it suddenly occurred to me that this may not be the world's most child friendly dot-to-dot theme.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome...and I don't think that a home-made dot-to-dot that is relevant to your child and that encourages invented spelling could possibly be perceived as a parenting fail....parenting gold star, I say!
    Keep up the good work!
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete